As a volunteer driven and community service organization, we rely on the generosity and dedication of our volunteers to provide critical support to our programs and services. Our volunteers have demonstrated their support for the agency by offering continued hard work and determination. The work that you will be doing will help us achieve our mission and sustain our purpose.
At Black CAP, we believe that people value the opportunity to get involved and contribute meaningfully to their communities. When our volunteers become engaged, they are making a statement about their interest in eliminating HIV/AIDS in Toronto’s African, Caribbean and Black (ACB) communities.
WHAT DO YOU GET OUT OF VOLUNTEERING?
- Gain a greater understanding of HIV/AIDS in Toronto’s ACB communities
- Apply your current skills and gain some new ones
- Feel the personal satisfaction of doing a work which positively impacts the lives of people living with or affected by HIV/AIDS
- Become an educator to friends and family members on HIV/AIDS transmission/prevention, stigma and discrimination
- Gain a rewarding and meaningful volunteer and work experience
- Meet new people
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES AT BLACK CAP
We offer many ways to become involved, no matter your availability or knowledge level. Our volunteer opportunities include:
- Administration/ Reception – Perform reception and administrative task that include: filing, data entry, photocopying, welcoming clients, answering the phone, etc.
- Board and committee members
- Harm Reduction program
- Support and Settlement program
- Kazi Employment program
Volunteers are matched with specific programs at Black CAP depending on agency needs and their interests, skills, and experience. We welcome the contributions of volunteers and endeavor to make sure each has appropriate orientation, training, and support to do their assignments.
Corporate Volunteer Opportunities
Looking for a hands-on, engaging, impactful and fun volunteer opportunity? Why not host your own kit packing event and pack kits full of our most needed supplies. This is the perfect option for: school groups, corporate volunteers, faith-based organizations and groups of friends! This activity can be completely customized to whenever and wherever fits best for you. No budget? No problem! We can help you fundraise on our free platform that is completely customizable to fit your branding and voice.
To learn more, please contact us by email and let us know your preferred event date, location, group size and budget. Our team of experts will reach out within 24 hours to book a call and walk you through the process!
We promise to make it fun, easy and massively impactful.
Become a Volunteer
Our range of volunteer opportunities offers you the chance to work with us in many different and rewarding ways. We know that your time is valuable and we very much appreciate the support that volunteers provide to the agency.
Here how you can become a volunteer:
- Please complete and submit the form below.
- Attend an information session or an in-person interview with the Volunteer Coordinator
- Attend and complete a 1 day volunteer core skills training workshop comprised of 5 sessions
- Volunteer placement into program area is based on volunteer interest, skills, experience, agency needs and available opportunities
Attend an interview in person with the selected program area coordinator and complete unit specific training.
Volunteer Engagement Coordinator
Phone: 416-977-9955, ext.276