Black CAP is currently seeking individuals skilled in Graphic Design and Media Editing. This volunteer will have the opportunity to flex their graphic/media skills by creating promotional materials for the several monthly Black CAP programs we provide to our African, Caribbean, and Black community. They provide communications support to the entire organization while supporting the achievement of its long-term and short-term strategic marketing and communications goals, and its fund development goals.
GRAPHIC/MEDIA DESIGNER DUTIES:
- Supports the creation and refreshing of print, digital, web, and other online communications and marketing promotional materials.
- Including but not limited to social media and other advertisements, toolkits, handbooks, brochures, year book, info brochures, event invitations, web pages, annual report, merchandise, incentives, PowerPoint pitch decks or other fundraising or sponsorship solicitations, stewardship reports or other assets in support of the development objectives.
- Contributes to conceptualizing the organization’s new brand – telling its story and expressing the brand visually.
- Contributes meaningfully to paid and organic digital marketing strategies, while also developing compelling visual assets that complement those strategies.
Provides design support for other departments, sub-brands, and other general branding initiatives, as required, including supporting the creation of self-serve assets.
GRAPHIC/MEDIA DESIGNER SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to work with Adobe Creative Suite (and/or other relevant industry-standard design software)
Graphic Design Skills Layout Skills, Creative Services, Customer Focus, Creativity, Flexibility, Attention to Detail, Deadline-Oriented, Desktop Publishing Tools, Acute Vision, Handles Rejection.
- Time Commitment: approx. X hours a week
- Understanding of digital marketing and design trends
- Understanding of the core principles of print, digital, video, and web design
- Strong understanding of the elements of design layout and typography
- Proficiency in Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Demonstrated commitment to volunteering
- Illustrates concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send an introductory email to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with samples of the graphic/media design work you’ve done in the past 3 – 5 years.