Oct 2, 2020
Available Services - During Social Distancing
During this period of crisis (COVID-19), though Black CAP’s physical offices reman closed to the public, our programs and services by the health promotion and support department still continue to be offered to the public through modified bases such as phone, social media as well as audio/video conferencing and other means. See below for details on programs and services:
For Health Promotion:
- We are providing weekly check-ins with our group participants via social media, text messages and phone calls.
- We are conducting bi-weekly group sessions for our MSM Outreach and Trans Women Drop-ins programs.
- We are continuously posting COVID-19 updates and referral information about other programs and services (especially mental health and crisis supports).
- While our Harm Reduction street outreach is currently on hold, we will provide safer drug use kits on a call-in and drop-off basis.
For any information regarding health promotion, please email email@example.com for more information.
For Support Services:
Our Support Coordinators are working remotely and continue to provide one-to-one support to our community members. If you are in need of any of the following services, please reach out to us by the number provided or provide call back information for us to reach out to you:
We are providing assistance and advocacy support as needed.
We are also providing online group sessions to engage PHAs who attend our monthly groups
For Support please Call 416 831 9729, or for additional info, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Other Commuunity Support Available - Other services outside of Black CAP include:
- The Distress Centre For 24 hour emotional support Call 416-408-4357
- The Gerstein Centre For mental health and crisis support - For 24 hrs crisis support Call 416.929.5200
- People With AIDs Foundation Provide support for people living with HIV/AIDS. Call 416-506-1400
- Friends of Ruby (Formally known as Egale Youth Services)- (Counselling and Practical support)- 416-359-0237
- The 519 (Hot meals, Tim’s gift card-every weekday 1: 00p.m to 4: 00p.m & Weekends 12:30 p.m.; online therapy-PWC (Pay What you can);
- Access Alliance (LGBTQ+ newcomers settlement services)- 416-699-7920 ext. 400 or 410.
Please stay connected to our website (www.blackcap.ca) and social media accounts (@blackcapto) for more information about updates of our services, and/or referals to other community resources and support. As always, stay safe. Please take care of yourselves and your loved ones. Your wellbeing matters to us.
The Black CAP team