Community Youth Facilitator
December 2020 – August 2021
$20/hr – 12 hours per month
A youth (16-29) peer leadership and community development pilot project designed to support the wellbeing and skill development of Black Queer and Trans youth in the Greater Toronto Area. The project consists of the following:
- A multi-day leadership and capacity building training program
- Guest facilitators will provide training on community facilitation, anti-oppression & anti-racist frameworks, queer and trans health, and much more
- An 8-month virtual workshop series for Black Queer and Trans youth in the GTA
- Community Youth Facilitators will co-design/facilitate workshops
- A creative digital publication
- Community Youth Facilitators will collaboratively design, edit and publish a digital zine on community care
How To Apply:
Email the ACB Queer and Trans Youth Project Coordinator to apply at email@example.com
Please follow the instructed prompts in written (PDF/Word) or video format:
- Title the subject line “Community Youth Facilitator – 2020/2021”
- What does community care feel and look like to you?
- Briefly detail 1-2 topics/issues/interests you would like to have more conversations around with Black LGBTQ2S+ youth. Tell us more about why these topics are important to you?
Please submit your application by November 25th. If you have any questions or concerns, please email Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org
Black Coalition for AIDS Prevention (Black CAP) is a volunteer driven, non-profit, community-based organization. The mission of the agency is to reduce the spread of HIV infection within Toronto’s Black communities while enhancing the quality of life of those living with or affected by HIV/AIDS. We work in partnership with organizations and individuals who support in principle and practice our mission, philosophy and activities.